For a lot of us the New Year means new beginnings in our life. A time we look around at the surroundings and change the old into new. Making it the perfect time of year to keep the calm structure we came from and add some new bold patterns. Now most of us shy away from the idea of introducing strong design into our home. After all, the last thing we want to do is take an ok room and turn it into a chaotic mess that’s even harder to live with. Yet, if used correctly the power of bold can be exactly what you need in 2013. Through the use of expressive fabrics and increasing popular wallpaper a room can gain a focal point and increase in positive energy. Even in a small space like a bathroom by adding a touch of bold you can soften the cold tile and marble. Still worried the refurbished room will be too much? It’s simple, just start small. Start by adding some talkative pillows, drapes or rugs. Just remember these few key concepts and this year will finally be the year you have a temple you’re proud of!
1) All about balance. Fancy wallpaper evened out by a simple lamp.
2) Small rooms only need a small amount. Don’t bold yourself in.
3) It’s ok to mix patterns just make sure the scale between the design is different and they share a color.
4) Avoid the feeling of chaos.
5) Just because you’re nervous, don’t let that stop you.